|Title:||Lineman - Underground|
|Location:||Greenville, North Carolina|
ROLE: An Underground Lineman performs skilled Class A underground electrical activities and work including the installation, maintenance and upgrade of electrical and utility infrastructure systems. This class is responsible for performing related duties as required.
- Provide the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the customer’s electrical distribution underground system.
- Provide technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the consumer.
- Provide for connecting, disconnecting, installation, removal, and relocation of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, i.e. switch cabinets, transformers, etc.
- Capable of investigating consumer complaints, and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines.
- Assume full responsibility for completed work, complete work with quality and timeliness. Perform routine line work without close supervision.
- Must be trained and experienced in basic and advanced electrical principles, possess a working knowledge of customer’s specifications, and be proficient in all phases of underground line construction, be proficient in splicing, terminating, and repairs of primary and secondary URD cables, be capable of operating equipment necessary to complete jobs, i.e. bucket truck, digger.
- Must have a compliment of underground lineman hand tools.
- Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and company work practices.
- Work involves physical exertion, heavy lifting, and exposure to inclement weather, as well as the hazardous conditions of working with high-voltage energized lines and equipment.
- Good physical condition and dexterity is required. This includes walking, stooping, bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching, crawling, pushing, pulling, working in awkward positions and enclosed spaces. Lifting to 50 lbs. is required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately and possess good hearing as needed for work and safety compliance in a hot line environment.
- Ability to travel and report for 24-hour standby when responding to storm relief throughout the United States.
- Must have 3-5 years of recent lineman experience.
- Must hold a valid Commercial Driver's License and maintain a Medical Card certified by a DOT Medical Examiner or have the ability to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Subject to random alcohol and drug testing requirements and background checks.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Ability to properly inspect PPE and follow Company safety rules and policies
This position requires vast experience in the construction and repair of electrical underground systems and Power Lines with a great emphasis on safety and OSHA Regulations and knowledge. Must be experienced in working on power lines in various conditions.