|Location:||Kinston, North Carolina|
Role Summary: Substation Technicians perform work in the construction, maintenance and repair of substation equipment / systems. Substation Technician has a 4-6 year continuous working knowledge of 525 kv and below substation equipment, apparatus, and wiring. This position requires work in confined spaces and in elevated work areas, and works with various pieces of construction equipment specific to the trade. A Substation Technician may work independently or with others, occasionally work long hours during emergency conditions. This position should be able to coach subordinates on the crew. This position works at various locations. The position may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
Essential Job Elements:
Works safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair, testing, adjusting and troubleshooting work of substation equipment/systems which includes, but is not limited to, work involving the following:
- Concrete Foundations, ground grids, and steel erection
- Buswork (High and Low Voltage)
- Airbreak / Hookstick Switches
- Control Cable
- Terminations (High / Low Voltage)
- Control Buildings
- Conduit and duck banks
- Capacitor bank installations 23kv- 230 kv
- Transformers, regulators and circuit breakers
- Circuit Switchers, motor-operated and manual switches
- Responsible for maintaining Company vehicles, test equipment and tools in good working conditions
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.