|Title:||Human Resources Generalist|
|Location:||Kinston, North Carolina|
The HR Generalist position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful Generalist acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HR Generalist seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HR Generalist maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Posting jobs, pre-screening resumes, interviewing candidates both on the phone and in person, and partnering with hiring managers throughout the selection process.
- Identify and implement sourcing strategies that will drive talent to open positions and create a robust pipeline at all levels.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
- Participates in the delivery, evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Provides support and administration of compensation programs, including annual salary review process and out of cycle increases.
- Business Acumen.
- Ethical Practice.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and out-of-state travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ of generalist work experience
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and relevant industry experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- PHR Certification Preferred