|Location:||Kinston, North Carolina|
The Safety Specialist will be responsible for ensuring employee adherence to companywide Safety Policies & Procedures including managing all Safety Related Programs and Safety Training. This position will also be responsible for Compliance of all work Regulations (State, Federal, and Local) as well as Company Policy and Industry Standards. Must be able to verify employee field compliance, conduct on the job training and assist management with methods to improve safety practices. Assist in Accident / Incident investigations, DOT related drug testing programs and assist with all other safety related issues as needed.
- 3+ years experience in Construction (Utility Background Preferred).
- Industry specific Safety Program experience needed.
- DOT / OSHA Experience a must.
- Managerial Experience a plus.
- BA Degree or higher.
- Must be able to use Microsoft; Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Self-Starter with strong Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Must be Willing to Travel