|Title:||Lineman - Overhead (A Class)|
T&D Solutions, LLC, is a member of the PowerTeam Services family of Companies, and a leading provider of construction and maintenance services for electric transmission and distribution lines throughout the Southwest, Central South, Midwest, and Eastern United States. With a continued focus on our Mission Statement, T&D Solutions continues our journey of being the preferred Utility Service Company for our customers. We offer excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits such as health, dental and vision, life insurance, STD and LTD starting on DAY 1. Eligibility for Company matching 401K benefit after 3 months of employment.
ROLE: An Overhead Journeyman Lineman performs highly skilled, journey-level distribution and electrical work in the installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead electric distribution and service lines, transformers, meters, metering equipment, electrical substations, and related equipment. This class is responsible for performing related duties as required.
- Under general supervision of Crew Foreman, climbs power poles, splices, and makes repairs to energized lines.
- Constructs new overhead lines, setting poles, installing cross arms and brackets, stringing wire, and placing equipment such as transformers, switches, cut-outs, lightning arrestors and insulators.
- As a member of a line crew performs switching operations; runs new service lines from pole to consumer's premises; reconstructs existing lines and related fittings; phases out and cuts in new circuits; pulls slack out of primary and secondary wires; tests poles, lines and other facilities; trims trees to clear wires.
- Drives trucks and operates associated equipment as assigned.
- Assists in the instruction and training of lower class crew members in techniques of the trade; and does related work as required.
- Completes all required safety training, know and understand DOT and OSHA standards.
- Possess capabilities of lower class crew members.
- Able to Supervise in Foreman’s absence.
- Work involves physical exertion, heavy lifting, and exposure to inclement weather, as well as the hazardous conditions of working with high-voltage energized lines and equipment.
- Good physical condition and dexterity is required. This includes walking, stooping, bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching, crawling, pushing, pulling, working in awkward positions and enclosed spaces. Lifting up to 75lbs. is required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately and possess good hearing as needed for work and safety compliance in a hot line environment.
- Ability to travel and report for 24 hour standby when responding to storm relief throughout the United States.
- Must have 5 years of recent lineman experience.
- Must hold a valid Commercial Driver’s License and maintain a Medical Card certified by a DOT Medical Examiner or have the ability to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Subject to random alcohol and drug testing requirements and background checks.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to properly inspect PPE and follow Company safety rules and policies