|Title:||Foreman - Overhead Power Distribution|
T&D Solutions, LLC, is a member of the PowerTeam Services family of Companies, and a leading provider of construction and maintenance services for electric transmission and distribution lines throughout the Southwest, Central South, Midwest, and Eastern United States. With a continued focus on our Mission Statement, T&D Solutions continues our journey of being the preferred Utility Service Company for our customers. We offer excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits such as health, dental and vision, life insurance, STD and LTD starting on DAY 1. Eligibility for Company matching 401K benefit after 3 months of employment.
ROLE: The Overhead Distribution Foreman performs highly skilled, journey-level power distribution and electrical work in the installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead power distribution lines. Must possess capabilities of lower classifications. Supervises a number of employees in the performance of power distribution work.
- Climbs distribution structures, and constructs or makes repairs to energized lines.
- Drives trucks and operates associated equipment as assigned.
- Assists in the instruction and training of all crew members and does related work as required.
- Crew administration, equipment management, leadership, and compliance to safety performance standards for all crew members and completion of safety training programs.
- Conduct safety tailgate meetings with crew, complete all required paperwork JSA’s, incident reports, vehicle inspections, safety reports.
- Know and understand DOT and OSHA standards.
- Plan and orchestrate assigned work.
- Work involves physical exertion, heavy lifting, and exposure to inclement weather, as well as the hazardous conditions of working with high-voltage energized lines and equipment.
- Good physical condition and dexterity is required. This includes walking, stooping, bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching, crawling, pushing, pulling, working in awkward positions and enclosed spaces. Lifting up to 75lbs. is required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately and possess good hearing as needed for work and safety compliance in a hot line environment.
- Ability to travel and report for 24 hour standby when responding to storm relief throughout the United States.
- Must hold a valid Commercial Driver’s License and maintain a Medical Card certified by a DOT Medical Examiner or have the ability to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Subject to random alcohol and drug testing requirements and criminal background check.
This position requires vast experience in the construction and repair of distribution systems and powerlines with a great emphasis on safety and OSHA Regulations and knowledge. Must be experienced in working on transmission lines under energized conditions.