|Title:||Heavy Equipment Operator - Power Distribution or Transmission|
|Location:||Jacksonville, North Carolina|
T&D Solutions, LLC, is a member of the PowerTeam Services family of Companies, and a leading provider of construction and maintenance services for electric transmission and distribution lines throughout the Southwest, Central South, Midwest, and Eastern United States. With a continued focus on our Mission Statement, T&D Solutions continues our journey of being the preferred Utility Service Company for our customers. We offer excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits such as health, dental and vision, life insurance, STD and LTD starting on DAY 1. Eligibility for Company matching 401K benefit after 3 months of employment.
ROLE: An Operator will be exposed to many facets of construction, operation and maintenance of Equipment. Under the direction of the Foreman, the Operator is responsible for operations of all equipment in a safe and effective manner. Previous equipment operation on a power distribution crew is required.
- Operation of various equipment may include trucks, bulldozers, cranes, front end loaders, backhoe and diggers.
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by policies and procedures.
- Participate in routine maintenance, perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Able to determine voltages and hazards associated with each aspect of work.
- Understand minimum approach distance.
- Completion of all required safety training.
- Work involves physical exertion, heavy lifting, and exposure to inclement weather, as well as the hazardous conditions of working with high-voltage energized lines and equipment.
- Good physical condition and dexterity is required. This includes walking, stooping, bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching, crawling, pushing, pulling, working in awkward positions and enclosed spaces. Lifting up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately and possess good hearing as needed for work and safety compliance in a hot line environment.
- Ability to travel and report for 24 hour standby when responding to storm relief throughout the United States.
- Must hold a valid Commercial Driver’s License and maintain a Medical Card certified by a DOT Medical Examiner or have the ability to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Subject to random alcohol and drug testing requirements and criminal background check.
This position requires vast experience in the construction and repair of distribution systems and power lines with a great emphasis on safety and OSHA Regulations and knowledge. Must be experienced in working on transmission lines under energized conditions.